Fall Lawn Special
Does your lawn have brown spots? Or is it thinning? This Fall is the time to perform core aeration, over seeding, and top dressing it with compost to give it a vitality boost.
Sign up this Fall 2019
Core aeration can help make your lawn healthier and reduce its maintenance requirements through these means:
- Improved air exchange between the soil and atmosphere.
- Enhanced soil water uptake.
- Improved fertilizer uptake and use.
- Reduced water runoff and puddling.
- Stronger turfgrass roots.
- Reduced soil compaction.
- Enhanced heat and drought stress tolerance.
- Improved resiliency and cushioning.
- Enhanced thatch breakdown.
Benefits to over seeding:
- Easy way to fill in bare spots.
- Improve the density of the lawn.
- Establish improved grass varieties and enhance your lawns color.
Benefits to topdressing with compost:
- Adds organic matter back into your lawn.
- Reintroduces microorganisms back into the soil.
- Combined with core aeration places new organic material and nutrients deeper into the soil.
- Can amend or modify the soil (adding compost can relieve compaction problems for instance).
- Can reduce the stress on your lawn from foot or vehicle traffic.
- Ensures any grass seed planted has contact with soil, needed to germinate.
- Helps soil retain moisture which is especially helpful when planting new grass or sod.
- Can even out dips or hollow spots in the yard so that grass has equal access to water.
- Can reduce thatch buildup by encouraging decomposition.